Day 49 – Let God Love You
Reflecting on his relationship with God, Brother Lawrence said, “Far from chastising me, this King, full of goodness and mercy, lovingly embraces me, seats me at his table, waits on me himself, gives me the keys to his treasures, and treats me in all things as his favorite; he converses with me and takes delight in me in countless ways, without ever speaking of forgiveness or taking away my previous faults. . . . I see myself . . . yet ever more caressed by God.”
Would this describe your relationship with God? Embraced by God. Seated at God’s table. Served by God’s own hands. Given the keys of God’s treasures. Treated as God’s favorite. Spoken to by God. Delighted in by God. Reminded never of things forgiven. Caressed by God.
I dare say that many would consider this kind of intimacy with God either presumptuous or out-of-reach.
Could it be that God wants to pour out his love upon you, but you’re just too preoccupied with life to receive it? Or you’re unaware of his nearness? Or you feel unworthy?
We know that God loves us cognitively, but we don’t seem to know this experientially.
Even after walking with God for many years, I still need to be reminded of God’s love for me deeply, intimately, profoundly, regularly! I need to hear God’s voice speaking into my soul, “I love you!”
Listen to God speaking to you, and let God love you:
• Because of my great love for you, I saved you (Ephesians 2:4-5).
• I loved you and sent my Son as an atoning sacrifice for your sins (1 John 4:10-11).
• I am your heavenly Father (Romans 8:15).
• You are my dearly loved child (Ephesians 5:1).
• You are precious and honored in my sight (Isaiah 43:4).
• Nothing will ever separate you from my love (Romans 8:38-39).
• I take great delight in you (Zephaniah 3:17).
• In spite of everything, I love you and forgive you and have compassion on you (Psalm 103:8-14).
Living in such a negative world and having felt rejection far too often, we all need to be reminded often “God loves me!” Brother Lawrence knew this deep, deep love of Jesus. Let God love you!
Action Step: Stop. Look. Listen. Receive. Let God love you.
This is God’s Word for you today,