Hello QCAC Family! Instead of a daily devotional today, I want to talk with you about QCAC re-opening!
Our Spanish congregation will begin meeting publicly in the church sanctuary at 9:00-10:15 a.m. beginning September 13. Extensive safety protocols have been put into place including:
• a COVID-19 registration form – questionnaire, social distancing safety guidelines, and waiver – with online registration through Eventbrite, emailed registration turned in upon entering, and in-person registration for walk-ins – registration also facilitates contact tracing if needed
• masks required & social distancing practiced
• temperature checks – high temperature disallowed
• hand sanitizer available
• volunteers/ushers directing people at the front door entrance and in the sanctuary for seating
• a locked offering box in the back of the sanctuary (also giving online, or drop off checks at church Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, phone first)
• signage for safety guidelines and social distancing
• bathroom use for one person at a time & elevator use for one person or family at a time
• traffic flow one direction – entrance at the front door and exit through the sanctuary stairway to parking lot (except for elevator use)
• sanctuary seating rearranged six feet apart with cleanable chairs and a current seating capacity of 50 – families sitting together and individuals sitting separately
• ventilation optimized – HVAC system maintained and record kept for scheduled maintenance (changing filters, etc.), A/C or ventilation fan on, windows open
• basement blocked off
• worship service also available through Zoom or Facebook with quality live streaming being developed
• no public children’s ministry yet, but Wee Worship going Zoom live beginning Sunday, September 20, 10:00-10:30 a.m., and Junior Church continuing on Zoom, Sundays at 10:00 a.m.
• Spanish service worship service (9:00-10:10 or 10:15 a.m.) giving enough time for sanitizing and exiting before English worship service at 11:00 a.m. (anticipated start date October 4). English congregation also sanitizing afterwards.
• a detailed post-worship service sanitizing procedure and checklist carried out by designated volunteers
If all goes well, our English congregation will start meeting publicly on October 4. Since we will not have public children’s ministries available yet, many families will no doubt continue attending our ongoing live Zoom worship services. Our Mandarin congregation yet to follow.
The Governing Board has approved a designated special for giving to quality Live Streaming equipment, targeting $6,000 needed, with a Thanksgiving deadline. Mark appropriately on your giving. In the meantime, we will continue to use Zoom and the equipment we do have. Live streaming might have seemed optional in the past, yet it’s a must going forward.
I’ve noticed that in this pandemic environment, everything still seems fluid. But the general pattern we’re following is people back to work, children back to school, and then people back to our church building in stages.
Still, even in a pandemic, though we couldn’t meet physically, our church was never closed. God has blessed our congregations with renewed commitments for God and others. Our mission has not changed – Believe. Belong. Become. Bless.
P.S. Pastor Hang and Johnny Taveras have been working behind the scenes to redo our website, which is soon to be released and my daily devotionals will be coming through that path as well!